Friday, February 19, 2010

7 years bad luck???

I don't really believe that superstition but believe me it crossed my mind when this happened today...



Can you see that nice long crack? Yep, I broke the danggone mirror trying to get it back in the frame. And isn't it super annoying funny that you can see the culprit in the reflection. I was using the screwdriver to bend the staples back to fit the mirror back into the frame. I was being so careful too. :( I had such plans for this mirror.

So I guess the moral of this story...be VERY, VERY, VERY careful when putting a mirror back in a frame. 

I mean duh. 

At least I only paid $5 for it.

Next!

These items are waiting to be painted. I think they're scared I might break them now. 


I hope your projects are turning out better than mine today.


8 comments:

pollydove said...

OH NO!!!! That's terrible! I'm not a firm believer in the whole 7 years bad luck thing either, but that is truly unfortunate - and a HASSLE now too! So sorry!

But good for you for getting to your projects ... mine just sit and await me! ;)

The White Farmhouse said...

Ugh! I hope for you that it doesn't mean 7 years bad luck. I can't wait to see what your other projects are going to turn out like.

Kasey said...

oh man that just stinks!

pk @ Room Remix said...

I definitely don't believe in the 7 years bad luck theory, but it is a huge bummer that it happened. I'm optimistic that the rest of the projects are going to go without a hitch! :-) Best of luck.

Thank you for your very nice comment on the bench today!

Leanne said...

Those are beautiful pieces. I can't wait to see how they turn out. Don't worry about the mirror, but it's still sad. I broke 3 thngs last week. Thanks for your nice comment on the mantel and for visiting.

Carmie - the Single Nester said...

No bad luck for you! You will be fine!

Beth said...

you know what a broken mirror means to me????????? a new project!! hahaha
make that thing into something new!!!
and I LOVE YOUR BANNER!! TOO CUTE!
So, what's been shakin girl?
you been doing alright?
talk to you soon! :D
B

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Those are going to be sooooo pretty when they're painted!!