Friday, February 12, 2010

A Favorite Thrifty Find and Some Valentines

I have been loving these glass bubble lamps but they are out of my price range...

This one can be found at jcpenney.com for $69.99.


A couple weeks ago, I found this pretty candleholder at Salvation Army. I believe it was $2. It reminded me of the lamp I love so much!


Cute, huh?

I don't have a candle to fit in it yet so I put some Raspberry Hugs in it. Looks pretty Valentine-y. By the way, have you tried the Raspberry Hugs?? They are delish!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I made some Valentine's cards for my kids today...

For Regina...


For Rhiannon...



And for Joey...(his is more plain because I didn't want to make it too girly)


I made a little tag for Layla's gift bag but I forgot to take a picture of it.

I also made this little paper heart decoration...





I was planning to make the heart cookies tonight with the kids. I guess I had better mix up the dough so it can chill for awhile. Huh?



What have you been making for Valentine's Day?

3 comments:

~The Robin's Nest~ said...

That candle holder is so cute! It would look adorable with one of those little minnie cakes in it too!

Your cards are adorable, I bet the kids will just love them.

Happy Valentines weekend,

Robin~♥

Jeanne Oliver said...

Target usually has lamps like that:-) Target is so awesome at giving wonderful knock offs of more expensive things.

Screaming Meme said...

You are crafty! I love it1 I know the kids love it, too...:) They will cherish all that you do years to come...:)Hi, My name is Meme from Screaming Meme...I would love to invite you over to my decorating blog, Screaming Meme...:)

I also have another blog, This Family's Gone Crackers...It is about a comical journey of a so called "normal" family going INSANELY gluten free...

Hope to see you there, Meme