Friday, December 3, 2010

A Super Simple Christmas Wreath

So I wanted a new wreath for the front door this Christmas. And of course, I didn't want to spend any money. 

This is the wreath I had last year (this was before I painted the door, aren't you glad I painted it?)...
And while this wreath was just fine (it was a wreath that my dad used when I was in high school for our front door, I just tweaked it a little last year), I definitely wanted something new this year.

I had a light bulb moment the other day while looking at my living room trashed with Christmas boxes, glitter and garlands strewn about. I took the wreath out and removed everything. I grabbed this tinsel garland that was on the floor, yes just laying on the floor and I just wrapped it around the grapevine wreath form. I was quite happy with my idea and I think it turned out so cute. I like tinsel garland, so sue me. :)

The bow is from Target last year on clearance. I knew I'd eventually use it for something.

It's just what I wanted, sparkly, shiny and Christmasey. And it's so full, I love it!

It's so simple too! If you want to make one, just take any garland you have and wrap it around a wreath form. What could be easier? Well, I guess just hanging a plain wreath form on the door would be but what fun is that?

And you know what's funny? A lady that lives on the street behind us has a silver tinsel wreath on her door with a blue bow.  I saw it this morning. :)

I'm linking up to the Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello. 


13 comments:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

It looks great Carmen! What a change! And I love how you recycle something you already had and it was free! Awesome! Angie xo

Mel said...

Ahhh, so much nicer now. I like tinsel too :)

~The Robin's Nest~ said...

I love it! I have the same ribbon that's on your wreath from Target that I re-use almost every year!

I'm trying to teach Noelle the word Sparkley :)

Robin~♥

Rhonda said...

looks so professional! you really have a good eye and I love how frugal your ideas are

Chris said...

The power of tinsel! I love the new look of it! Nice!

Bella Michelle said...

What a FUN wreath! I love it...especially the price! You did good, girl!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Carmen!!! I love it!!! Great job, girl. :)

Lindy said...

Love your wreath - at any price!

Christina said...

Carmen-fantastic idea with the tinsel garland. I think I may have a piece of silver somewhere. The idea of not spending any money sounds good too.

Hope you are having a great beginning of the holiday season!

Rene said...

You are the clever one Carmen. Your wreath looks great and you used what you have. A girl after my heart :)

-Rene

Custom Comforts said...

Love this wreath and all the sparkle!
Cindy

Holly said...

I would never guess that's just garland wrapped around...it looks great!

Pamela said...

So sparkly and pretty. I love how you reused. I'm trying to use only what I have this year--which is too much--and so far I haven't had to purchase anything.